Friday, July 2, 2010

Sing your heart out!

I made some bread last week... It sang! It was the most amazing thing ever. And it was almost the perfect loaf... I didn't actually make the dough a friend did. And the recipe she uses doesn't have any sweetener... I like my bread with sugar or honey in it. So I made some of my own with sweetener (I used honey) and my bread didn't sing... the crust was almost as crunchy... but it sure tasted good anyway, and it still wasn't the perfect loaf. I guess I'll have to try it her way and see if I can get it right.
Bread makes me feel good. I love to bake bread. There is just something about having bread at some point in the making... it make my house smell good... and just looking at it can be comforting...
So bake some bread this week and just see how good it makes you feel!

1 comment:

Julie Baldwin said...

Ooooo...I made bread yesterday. I made jam too. Now that is a bit of heaven.