Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Golfing and the family party

Mark took some friends mini-golfing for his party this year. They ahd a great time. It was probably my favorite party I've ever done. It was really fun and really easy. The kids had a great time. I didn't have to make a cake, we got slurpees after, and there was nothing to clean up when it was done.
Here's the friends. Four crazy boys made for a fun round of golf. We went over to the skating rink afterwards to play video games. They thought that was great.

And here's the cake! I got this crazy idea in my head this year that I wanted to try out fondant. I heard there was a kind you could make that tastes great! Well it didn't taste great, but it was edible, and it looks really cool! I would definatley make it again. The cake turned out really cool and Dave even had fun helping me decorate it. So naturally I thought it was more fun because Dave helped and was excited about it. And with our Dr. Seuss theme it fit really well.
I really liked the wires coming out of the top the best. Well actually I just like the whole thing. I was a lot of fun to make. It took 2 1/2 cake mixes and a huge batch of frosting and then 1 1/2 batches of fondant to decorate.
And here's the family at the party... the kids had fun opening presents. And everyone else looks like they are really enjoying watching them open them. A lively bunch aren't they?
Spencer loved the playdough. I think I must be crazy to have told Grandma Lael to get that... I am not a fan of playdough... but Spencer really likes it alot, more than his brothers do, and ours was all dried out. He has played with it almost every day since he got it. A great present. He also got a bunch of Bakugans (visit http://www.bakugan.com/ to learn more). I'm not sure why, but he loves those little things.
Mark got a cool thing, Eye Clops (http://www.eyeclops.com/) from his Uncle Jonny. He's had fun looking all sorts of things up close. He also got some Legos and books.
We got Spencer a Wiggle car or Plasma car and he thought that was pretty cool. Some of out neighbors have one and they all think they are pretty cool. And so the birthdays are finished for at least a couple of months.

3 comments:

Lael said...

I am glad that Spencer liked the Playdoh. I can't wait to come and try it out with him and to see how Mark sets up his Leggos. Your cake was pretty amazing!

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I'm leaving a comment for you because you have a great site here - I've really enjoyed reading your posts and your pictures are great !

Thanks for sharing them and have a lovely weekend

Emlyn said...

Awesome cake! That looks like a fun party. I didn't know you started an Etsy shop - such cute stuff!